We were more than excited to come and visit Madrid, after all this is a city famous for its arts, cuisine and nightlife. With 10 days to spare, we decided to go to some of the best places and attractions and film a guide highlighting "25 things to do in Madrid". In this video you can expect everything from lively markets and world-renowned museums to beautiful gardens and Spanish dishes.
Now let's find out what the Spanish capital is all about!
Olympus OM-D E-M5 II:
Olympus 14-150mm II Lens:
Rode Video Mic GO:
Joby Gorilla Pod:
SanDisk 16GB Extreme Pro:
SOCIAL MEDIA AND TRAVEL
25 things to do in Madrid (Full list):
1) Real Botanical Garden of Madrid – Royal Botanic Garden of Madrid
2) Royal Palace of Madrid – Royal Palace of Madrid
3) Change of guard at the Royal Palace of Madrid
4) Gardens of Sabatini – The Gardens of Sabatini
5) Madrid Cable Car – Madrid Cable Car
6) West park rose garden – Rosaleda Garden
7) Gazpacho – Cold Spanish tomato soup
8) Prado Museum (Museo Nacional del Prado) – Museo del Prado
9) El Retiro (Buen Retiro Park) – The Buen Retiro Park
10) Crystal Palace – Crystal Palace
11) Palacio de Exposiciones – Palacio Velázquez
12) Book Fair Cuesta de Moyano – Book Fair
13) Paella – National Dish of Spain (a Valencian dish of rice)
14) Temple of Debod – Temple of Debod Egyptian Temple
15) Santiago Bernabéu Stadium – Santiago Bernabeu Stadium (home of Real Madrid Football Club – Real Madrid C.F.)
16) Enjoy the nightlife of Madrid
17) San Miguel Market – San Miguel Market
18) Plaza Mayor of Madrid – Plaza Mayor of Madrid
19) Churros – Eat a Spanish Dougnut (Spanish fried dough pie)
20) Puerta del Sol – Puerta del Sol
21) Santa Maria la Real de La Almudena – Cathedral of the Almudena
22) Plaza de Oriente – Plaza de Oriente
23) Spanish Tortilla (Tortilla de patatas) – Spanish Tortilla
24) Reina Sofía Museum – Reina Sofía Museum
25) Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum – Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum
When it comes to Spanish culture there is a city in Spain that has more to offer than the capital of Madrid. Spanish cuisine, world-class architecture, gastronomy, shows, festivals and arts are exhibited in Madrid. We hope that our travel guide will be a good complement to the information that you could fight in the tourist office. Now go out and have fun exploring while visiting Madrid!
25 Things to do in Madrid, Spain | Best attractions Travel guide Travel video Transcription:
Hello and welcome to Madrid. This week we are in the Spanish capital and we will show you twenty-five of the best things to do in the city.
Final thoughts about your time in Madrid. Well, I really enjoyed the city. And I really thought it's super walking. We were here for 10 days and hardly had to take the metro at all. We just took the bus once when we were visiting the stadium but the rest of the time we were able to walk wherever we needed to go. And I also think it's a great city for art lovers. There are so many galleries and museums on the way out. And many of them are free at night. So keep that in mind.
And now it's your turn. What did you think of Madrid? You know what? I loved Madrid. It's a city that just clicked with me. We have a lot of friends who are living here long term and before coming here I had no idea why anyone would want to come to Madrid? Now I fully understand it. I love the culture, I love the food, I love the nightlife. Everything is really cheap. I go to the grocery store and can get a thing of a liter of wine for just over a euro. It's just a really affordable fun city to be in. And it is a place that I hope to have the chance to return to again soon.
And that's a wrap of our time in Madrid! We had a splendid time and really saddened to say goodbye to the city, but that means we will have to go back again. If you have any travel suggestions for Madrid, do not hesitate to share it in the comments below.
This is part of our Travel series in Spain. We are doing a series of videos showing Spanish culture, Spanish arts, Spanish food, Spanish religion, Spanish cuisine and Spanish.
All photos and videos taken by Samuel Jeffery (Nomadic Samuel) and Audrey Bergner (That Backpacker).
Music on this video courtesy of Audio Network
Video credits to Samuel and Audrey – Travel and Food Videos YouTube channel